Thursday 18 February 2010

Skywatch Friday - The rare Stuffus Duckus

Today I was very lucky to catch the very rare and shy Stuffus Duckus on camera.  I had to be very quick but managed to get it in full flight. Not a very interesting sky behind but I don't think it matters on this occasion.

OK - caught me out. This is an exhibit at the Potteries Museum (not very convincing either!). We had planned to go to Alton Towers Theme Park but it's been snowing on and off again all day and didn't think it would be as much fun in the freezing cold. We hoped to see the Staffordshire Hoard of gold recently found but didn't fancy the 3 hours of queueing (Prince Charles is going tomorrow - he's getting a private viewing, not fair I think!).  After this winter everyone is wishing for a great summer.  Just so I'm not kicked out of SkyWatch here's the sky outside our back door 10 minutes ago.

Go to SkyWatch Friday to see some real skies from all around the world.

20 comments:

  1. both are super shots, haven't seen a "stuffus duckus" in a while now....LOL

    Gill in Canada formerly from Cumbria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your night sky capture, I have yet to be able to do that as much as I try. Have a wonderful weekend, stay warm and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, your title drew me here and gave me a good laugh.
    Love the night snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The night sky is beautiful and the bird in the first is amazing. You had me going at first but I thought, that looks pretty plumped out to be flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stuffus duckus!! A rare one he is! Definitely the best laugh today!! And your night sky is gorgeous! Hope you get some good weather soon! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha... Funny one... Stuffus duckus.

    My sky looks just like yoyrs at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Stuffus Duckus!
    Looks cold and dark outside, oh wait it is night and that is as it should be!
    Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Suffus duckus" are the bane of my life! I love the originality of your post and would never want you tossed out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good try on the duck! I wasn't buying it. But that picture of the night sky is magical! ~ks

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha.. funny. love your post. the night sky is a fantastic shot. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha I thought it was the real thing. I was thinking for a split second it must be too closed to you. Anyhow, I enjoyed it thought makes me smile too. Thanks for sharing!

    SkyWatch-HalfMoon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful night sky. Love the Suffus duckus too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing skies!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one fat duck. Nice view out your back door. Hopefully they'll keep you another week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun post! You had me with mr. duckus. And thanks for the clever photo out your back door.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the note about e-blogger, if you had any issues getting to Wordpress it was due to a server outage , the longest in their history and only one I have ever encountered,almost 2 hours!
    They are back up and trying to figure out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! Alton Towers! Where I spent part of my youth. We lived right at the gates. But it wasn't a funfair then. What's this 'Hoard of Gold' you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You could have even said that you caught a glimpse of a Galaxy with your Camera... :-D the snow pic looks like a star-filled sky....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails