Thursday 11 February 2010

Skywatch Friday - off-white sky with blue highlights

So, to continue my tour of farmyard animals of Great Britain - this week I've found a pony. Although Euan wouldn't have any of it, telling me that it was a sheep. It was short, round and woolly so I can see where he was coming from.
Have to play spot the sky (or reflection in some of these shots).  We went duck feeding, I think they were hungry as they got out of the water and chased us for the bread, the gulls try to steal some too. These are normally overfed and turn their noses beaks up at all but the best crusts, the weather must have kept people inside.  The box on the old tree is a bat box - not sure batman would be prepared to move out of the batcave!
After last week's rain, anything is an improvement, we've had another scattering of snow but mostly it's just been really cold and icy. I've taken to walking in a strange bottom out manner to prevent slips (a bit like a duck really) - I had my wrist out of it's cast today so I think I can be forgiven for being an ice wuss!
To avoid the ice and fly to somewhere warmer go and visit the lovely people at SkyWatch Friday.

14 comments:

  1. I see no snow on the ground and blue sky is appearing too. Nice photo!

    Romantic Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of photos. Love the first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely portrait of the pony, and beautiful photos of the ducks. You see, you HAVE had blue skies! We've had some too, but that only makes it colder.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your horse and sky photo, just wonderful. The mosaic is great too, love the swan and ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute horsey.

    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute animals - and the horse is really the cutest of the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are free of the cast AND careful of the ice!
    Love the horsey/sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ducks are so incredibly varied, color, size even shape and some have the gnarliest bills I've ever seen. They do like to beg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shot of the pony with the sky behind him. The other shots are great too. Fun seeing the different animals that are around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely horse very amusing and witty...:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots. I love the closeup of the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and amazing!
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails