Tuesday 12 January 2010

How to get plastered or a lesson in typing left handed

I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. I have a plaster on my right hand after a nasty ice related incident. No - not something fun like sledging, but de-icing the car! Tim's in the USA for a week, I'm not able to drive, so can't get Euan to nursery, it's still really icy under foot so I'm pretty much house bound. On the positive side, at least I don't have to go to work and Euan and I have been enjoying playing shop and repeatedly reading the Christmas Charlie and Lola books.

Not many chances of photos in the past week (these were taken after school on Friday - they are a bit shaky but I think I could be forgiven as it was shortly after I'd broken my wrist and was as yet undiagnosed!).

Saturday was mainly spent at A&E, rather than the planned visit to get my fix of newborn cuddles (and for the kids to be introduced to the cow field - the best place in the world for sledging). Sunday was one of Patches best friends party's (soft play hell - no magician!) - it was a bit a family trip to let off steam. Well 2010 can only get better.

Quote of the week - "Ta-da" ~ Euan on production of a no.2 on his potty.

Thought for the week - “On the occasion of every accident that befalls you, remember to turn to yourself and inquire what power you have for turning it to use” ~ Epictetus

Learning point of the week - When Tim says "it's just that you're not very good with pain", don't believe him! The two examples I can think of are 1. 30 minutes before Euan was born and 2. Shortly after hurting my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails