Tuesday 8 December 2009

One in one out

We had a flying visit from Tim (a whole 18 hours - dumped his washing and ran) - here's a photo to prove his existence (and need of haircut)!We had a disco party on Saturday (1 3/4 hours of clingy children followed by 15 minutes of mad dancing!) and a playbarn party on Sunday (lucky Auntie Jax got to come to this one!)

Our cat died in October, I started to prepare a post but couldn't finish it. I also couldn't bring myself to tell the kids about it so waited until they asked. Well as Martha was a pretty self sufficient cat they only asked where she was this week. I explained that she was 15, which is pretty old for a cat and that she was very poorly, so I had to take her to the vets, where she went to sleep and didn't wake up. I don't believe in the fluffy cloud, angel filled, pictures of heaven so wanted to keep that out of my explanation. Bucks' next question - "Where is she now?". Don't say heaven, don't say heaven, don't say heaven - "She's in heaven". "How did she get there?" - thankfully I didn't have a chance to answer that one before he was asking if we were getting kitten like Auntie Bags.
Well, I seemed to have failed in dragging myself out of my bah humbug mood...I've promised the children that we'll put up the decorations at the weekend, so maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails