Thursday 1 October 2009

Skywatch Friday - fade to gold

We are very lucky to have lots of nice walks right on our doorstep. This week I got to escape part of the bedtime routine and take the dog out. I hadn't realised how close to Winter we were getting until I saw all the Autumn colours along the canal.


Autumn always used to be my favourite season. I once told a friend this and she said "oh no - I look around and all I see is death" - this has just about spoilt the whole thing for me! (I have discussed the Autumn thing with her again since and she said she must have been having an off day!). But even with all that death hanging around - Autumn sunsets sneak up quickly and provide a great show.


Even Ruby enjoyed the view.


To see lots of other skies from around the world and may be escape winter for a bit longer click on the button below.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, looks like a painting. As for fall, I like to focus on the promise of spring to come, the old leaves must go in order to make room for the new green of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn, and all the more the older I get. I prefer to think of it as part of the circle of life - dying back in preparation for a beautiful rebirth in the spring. Lovely autumn walk and the photo of Ruby is adorable!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great reflections!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enlarged you photos and loved the watery shots. What is that craft boat? Ruby is cute! It's snowing here in CO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots, especially the sunset on the canal...and of course, Ruby. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots. I love the boats and the one of your dog. They give a nice flavor of your area. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots, love the dog shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pictures of reflections in the water. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, is that a canal? I love the doggie too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop Showing Me Up With Your Good Photos!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours in the second to last one. I always loved Autumn in the UK. The crisp, clear days were my favourite. Feeling the crunch of the leaves underfoot, the sun low in the sky and the trees ablaze with colour. Added to that is the build up to Christmas with the wonderful lights adorning the villages. The months I found hard when I lived there were Jan and Feb (and sometimes March), after that there were always little promises of renewed life from the sleeping earth to give me hope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails