Tuesday 28 April 2009

Here comes summer :-)

Last weekend we had the first real taste of summer - the children played outside constantly (Anya mainly out the front with the older neighbours, Patch trys hard to keep up but he's still often left behind).
Patrick and Euan spent ages chasing bubbles in the garden and laughing. Anya finally came inside with a war wound after falling off her scooter. We had our first barby of the season. Days like this are fab, I'll have to keep hold of the memory of them during the wet school days!


I had an afternoon off (after much sorting of childcare - thanks again fabtastic aunties and friends!) to go western riding on the most gorgeous Argentinian criollo horses. After a sunny afternoon day dreaming about growing up to be a cowboy I felt like a bit more like myself and less like only a mother/wife! I'm now saving so that I can one day have my own pony (feel like I'm 8 again!).



I had a suprise visit from a family of ducks on the doorstep - the mother had 15 ducklings (and I moan about having 3).
Quote of the season - 'A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.' ~James Dent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails